Are you new to IGNOU and wondering how to write your assignments for the selected program? Millions of students enrol in IGNOU courses each year, and the biggest challenge they face during their studies is preparing IGNOU handwritten assignments. There are specific formats and guidelines to follow for these assignments. In this blog, we aim to help you understand everything about this. We cover topics that include:
- How to write IGNOU assignments?
- How to format IGNOU handwritten assignments?
- Samples of IGNOU assignments for reference
What are IGNOU Handwritten Assignments?
Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) requires students to prepare handwritten assignments as an essential part of their selected courses. These assignments fulfil three objectives: aiding students in comprehending the subject matter, preparing them for examinations, and evaluating their grasp of the subject.
How to Write IGNOU Assignment?
The first step in learning how to make IGNOU Assignment is understanding the specific requirements. For each assignment, you will receive specific instructions to follow. Following these guidelines, you should review the provided materials, take notes, develop an outline, and then write the assignment step by step.
Pro Tip:Hiring an experienced professional will give you the edge as they know how to write IGNOU assignments engagingly incorporating relevant data and legible handwriting.
IGNOU Assignment Guidelines and Instructions
- Read the questions carefully to understand the word limit for your answer. Every answer must come within the specified word limit.
- Go through a sample of IGNOU assignments before beginning your writing as it can provide you with an overview of the writing pattern as well as IGNOU assignment format.
- Use an A4 size paper for writing your answers. You are free to choose between ruled or plain papers.
- Avoid using low-quality or thin paper, as it can cause your writing to fade over time. Also, they are vulnerable to damage from moisture and other environmental factors.
- Keep a 4 cm left-side margin on your paper. This brings consistency and aesthetics to your paper and prevents your answers from getting concealed while binding.
- Make sure that sufficient space is left between your answers for the evaluator to write comments.
- Do not reproduce the text from your course material in your IGNOU assignment paper. Write your unique answers resulting from the critical appreciation of the course material.
- Before answering a question, read the unit where the answer lies to get an overview of the topic and take notes. Compose your answer in your own words with the help of these notes.
- Don’t be too quick to create an outline for your answer. Use your critical analysis skills to understand the question and then draw your outline.
- If the IGNOU assignment questions want you to write long answers, make sure that you present your points in logical order based on the rationale of the questions.
- Be careful with the introduction and conclusion you write for long answers. There shouldn’t be a contradiction between both.
- After completing the writing, arrange your IGNOU assignment answers in the correct order and bind them in a paper file with a cover page that includes the course code written at the top. Ensure you use a separate paper file for each course.
- Find out details about your study centre and its coordinator and make sure to send the finished assignment directly to them.
- If you have requested the study centre change, do not submit your assignment until you get confirmation from the regional centre regarding your study centre change.
- IGNOU does not accept typed assignments. Hence make sure you prepare IGNOU handwritten assignments and submit them.
- Hand over the assignment in person if the study centre is near or send it by Speed Post. If you are opting for the latter, do not forget to take note of the speed post number.
- Collect the receipt for your assignment submission if you are handing it over in person.
- If you are unsure about your course code, find it out on the official IGNOU website and use the exact code only.
- It is advised to enclose the IGNOU assignment question paper with your answers.
Why Do Students Hire Us for IGNOU Handwritten Assignments?
Anjit VS and Team have a long reputation for producing quality assignments for the world’s leading universities. We have been into IGNOU handwritten assignments making for more than a decade now. It means we have an edge over other services in the knowledge of how to write IGNOU assignments adhering to specific guidelines and exact format.
IGNOU Assignment Cover Page and First Page Format
IGNOU assignment cover page format is an area most students fail to pay attention to.
It must be in alignment with the specific guidelines the university has prescribed. Note that the following information is supplied while finalizing your IGNOU assignment first page.
- At the top of your cover page, write your:
An experienced and expert content writer in India, I have diverse teams delivering top-notch content writing, branding, and overseas education services customized to my clients. At AnjitVS, the biggest service offering specialty is our customization grounded on quality, creativity, and client-value.